Latest Movie :

'Nearly' Does It...Tiny Burst of Poetry-Warm-Feeling...




I'm sneaking in here ('sneaking' as in it feels like this Blog isn't my joint anymore after such a long spell away!)) to share some news that gave me that warm-poetry-buzz that I haven't felt in ages. It's been over two years since I submitted any poetry to mags or comps...apart from one submission to Strokestown this year. Due to a sleepless night last night, and having nothing better to do at 4 am, I remembered my submission and thought I'd check the Strokestown Festival page to see when the festival was on in case it coincided with my trip to Ireland in April and I found the shortlist, which I'm not on, but below the shortlist was the following message:

The following poems were just some of those very nearly shortlisted:

On the Occasion of My Wife Going Deaf; Ulugh Beg’s Relief; Airport Bus; On Birkrigg Common; On Looking Up; The Old Dears; every time; Introduction to origami; When You Grow Up Catholic; Duparc: A programme note; The War Effort; U.S.S. Iwo Jima; Another wash; Genji at the Chester Beatty Library; Run to Seed; Notes to Daughters; Cracking Hardy; Poem 1: Swirl with My Daddy; Blend; Canzone: Cunning; The backlogger’s Last Blog; The Day She Married My Father; Sex Like a School Staircase; Falling Out; The Most Quiet; Lights; In the Front Room; Pin-Up; The Disappeared; Father’s Day; Polymath; The Hag Does Not.


And yipee! my 'Swirl with My Daddy' was nearly shortlisted... didn't think hearing about 'nearly making it' would make me feel excited but it has done... : )
Share this article :

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2011. mojalodz - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger