Latest Movie :

Homosexuality: get over it.

I read an article today which horrified me. The content of the article- A gay couple were told their couldn't hold their wedding at a venue because they were gay. The excuse was because the venue owners personally don't like homosexuality.

The stupidest part: the state which they were in allows gay marriage. Making this blatant discrimination.

And I think this sux.

I don't care about sexuality, Gender orientation,who or what you sleep with so long as it's consensual and uses condoms where necessary. And I wish more people thought like this and the laws in Australia reflected this.

(I stole this next line from a friend of mine) If you don't like gay marriage, don't get one.

Post, post expansion.

I still have  all these thoughts about homosexuality and rights. I just don't understand why people care about who fucks who and or with what. I mean really, if I'm gay, what's it to you? How exactly does the love of two men change your world? It's not going to make the sky fall in, I'll promise you that much. I know part of the argument against homosexuality is that it against God and that marriage is between and man and a woman and gay people can't procreate but that argument can be blown right out of the water with logic. Does this mean post menstrual women can't marry or infertile couples can't marry? Or what about people who marry and don't want to make babies? Not to mention love. We don't choose who we love.

Which brings me to another point. I know the idea of love and marriage is much more of a post industrialization concept and in conjunction with the church, it was more about the alignment of families and the control of women. And it is an act of deviance making it challenging  (1001 Sociology Deviance is any act which is outside the Hegemony. Hegemony is a generalized consensus by the majority but is non democratic and only enforced by creating social norms). By breaking down all the ideas about love, marriage and society, I still just don't get why it matters who has sex with what. Your gay huh? That is sooo last season, lets give a fuck about more pressing issues. And next time a bible bashing fundamentalist starts banging on about how unholy it is, tell them to make better use of their time and attend to the lepers like Jesus did.
Share this article :

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2011. mojalodz - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger